When Sundays come around in our house, my family is always looking for a great yummy breakfast that we all can enjoy. During the week, just like everyone else in the world, breakfast isn’t so grand. We all want to have something quick and easy, yet delicious and hearty too!
No wonder why breakfast is the number one meal skipped. We all are always in a hurry. There’s a lot of running around with the kids trying to make it out of the door on time for school and work.
Who has time to cook in the morning?
Cereal for the kids and coffee for me. This seems to be the number one selection in our household. It’s quick and filling??
I guess so?!?!?
Sundays are our lazy day, but we do have church in the morning. So we want breakfast to be delicious and quick, but for once this week, please don’t give me cereal again!
The thought of sausage gravy and biscuits always enters my mind on this family day. Its super quick to make! With only 3 ingredients and with the help of store bought buttermilk biscuits you will be eating a delicious meal in no time!
It’s super simple to make and very satisfying to fill those hungry bellies. Nothing complicated here, even your kids can cook this hearty meal!
3 ingredient Sausage Gravy over Biscuits
- 12 oz Ground Pork (I prefer Jimmy Deans)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cup Milk
- Pepper to taste
- First, brown the package of ground pork in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Continually stir the meat and break up the sausage into small bits. This should take about 7-8 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Do not drain the meat. This is where you get all that pork flavor in your gravy.
- Next turn down your burner to low. Take the flour and shake it all over the pork. Stir this mixture until the pork is coated in flour. Cook until there is no liquid/fat left in the pan. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Now start adding 1 cup of milk at a time, while constantly stirring. This will thicken up the gravy. Bring your gravy to a low boil. (If the gravy is too thick, add small amounts of milk to thin it out.)
- Finally, add pepper to taste and serve immediately over warm biscuits.
Hope you enjoyed this meal my family loves to eat for breakfast!